Florence Hospital in Tijuana Mexico was founded in the year 1986 and has been providing the best healthcare for over two decades. It is located about a 40 minute drive away from the Sand Diego airport situated in California and about 20 minutes shy of the US/Mexico border from San Diego. It is therefore very easy to access from the US. Today, it is one of the best hospitals for bariatric consultation and surgeries within Mexico.
The proximity it what had led to it’s popularity especially for short stay and outpatient procedures because people residing in the United States can access treatment in a day and return to the U.S.
The hospital partners with the Mexico Bariatric Services to offer transportation services to the hospital and a guide to help you move about while in Mexico.
Although the hospital is old, periodic renovations and upgrades have ensured that it stays up to standard, boasting of the best facilities and medical equipment that you would find in any other state of the art hospital.
It is set on a large piece of property and from this beautiful campus you will find:
- Fully equipped operating theatres.
- Spacious rooms for patients adorned with comfortable beds, bedding and seating.
- Advanced equipment for diagnostics including X-ray machinery that is portable.
- Fully equipped laboratory
- A massive cafeteria
- Cable in all patient rooms that caters for both Spanish and English speaking clients.
- A shuttle service that is complimentary and key in picking medical tourists from the airport to the hospital as well as other destinations within Mexico.
- Guests of patients can also get meals in the hospital for $7 only per meal.
- Free Wi-Fi
- A telephone facility that allows individuals to make free calls to Canada and the US.
- An in-house hotel at the hospital building’s top floor. The hotel’s design is friendly to all weight loss surgery patients as well as other patients at the hospital. It is customized to ensure safe and easy access to and from the hotel.
Although Florence Hospital is known for bariatric surgeries, it is a full-fledged hospital that offers so many more services that include pediatric services, optical and dental services, cardiology, urology, emergency treatment among others.
Florence hospital offers a wide range of Bariatric treatments that include the following:
- RNY surgery or gastric Bypass.
- Gastric sleeve surgery
- Gastric plication
- Gastric banding surgery
- Weight-loss surgery (for diabetics)
- Amendment weight loss surgery
Research shows that success rate for weight loss surgeries at the hospital stands at 96.5%. There have been few cases of complications linked with weight loss surgeries and even when complications arise, the team of doctors are equipped with the know how and medical equipment and facilities to address the issues in a timely manner. Largely how well a patient recovers from bariatric surgery depends on their ability to follow through the prescribed diet and exercise.
Florence hospital has been in existence for over 25 years and have over time garnered a lot of experience and many satisfied patients. They are affordable and reliable so if you’re looking for a hospital in Mexico, make sure to check them out first.